- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
- The Sheepshank is a shortening knot, which enables a rope to be shortened non-destructively.
- The knot is only really secure under tension, it will fall apart when slack. (See tip below.)
Tip. Use up to five half hitches each end of the Sheepshank to make the knot more secure, and for fine tuning the shortening.
Tip. Never cut ropes to shorten them! Always use a shortening knot such as the Sheepshank, or coil the excess.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations