- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
Scheme of Advancement
- Cubs. Age: 5 to 10
- Pratham Charan: To work for at least 3 months
- Dwitiya Charan: To work for at least 3 months
- Tritiya Charan: complete 7 yrs. And work for atleast 9 months
- Chaturtha Charan: work for atleast 9 months
Komal Pankh: To work at least for a month
Rajat Pankh: To work at least for 3 months
Suvarna Pankh: To work for atleast 6 months
Heerak Pankh: work for atleast 9 months
Bulbuls: Age as for cubs
Scouts/ Guides: Age 10 to 17 yrs
Pratham Sopan: Work for atleast 6 months
Dwitiya Sopan: work for atleast 9 months
Tritiya Sopan: work for atleast 9 months
Rajya Puraskar: Work for atleast 6 months (common for both Wings) and completed 13 yrs.
On completion of the requirements and testing, Rajya Puraskar [Badge and Certificate signed by the Governor] is awarded by the Governor on suitable occasion.
Rashtrapati Award: Work for at least 12 months and completed 14 yrsRashtrapati Award: Work for at least 9 months On completion of the requirements, Regional Testing camp will be organized. The Award [Badge and Certificate signed by the President] is presented by the President of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan on a suitable occasion.
Rovers (Scouts)/ Ranger (Guides) : Age 16 to 25 yrs
Praveen: Work for at least 1 year
Nipun: Work for at least 1 year
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations
- Bharat Scouts and Guides
- Scouting in the Asia-Pacific Region
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- World Organisation of Scouts Movement
- Kandersteg International Scout Centre