- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
Progressive Programme Ideals
By the time a boy/girl completes the full course of the Cub/Bulbul programme, he/she will be able to:-
- Develop habits which lead to good character.
- Put in efforts of learning directed towards good citizenship.
- Learn practical skills essential to become a good Scout/Guide and a good boy/girl in general.
- Undertaking activities which contribute to his all round development.
- Do a daily Goodturn.
- Develop fascination for the beauties of nature and awareness of God.
- Express him/her in creative skills.
- Collect things of his/her interest and preserve them properly.
- Develop sense of respect for elders and love for youngsters in the family and neighbourhood and find ways of such expressions with a spirit of cooperation.
- Satisfy his/her need for adventure.
- Inculcate a feeling of appreciation for family traditions be of religious, social or ancestral character and make attempts to follow them.
- Understand the need of conserving God’s creation and the public properties.
- Obey elders and follow their advises even in their absence.
- Know about his State, People and Culture.
By the time a boy/irl completes the full course of the Scout/Guide programme, he/she will be able to:-
- Develop his/her character to become healthy and useful.
- Accept and follow the rudiments of good citizenship.
- Undertake practices and improve skills essential to become self-reliant and prepare himself to use them for helping others.
- Undertake collective activities and challenges which contribute for his/her all round development.
- Be aware of his/her capacities and use them in service to the community.
- Improve his/her skills observation to appreciate the wonders of nature and develop a sense of and express reverence to God by worshipping him.
- Make things useful for others.
- Realize that public property is his/her property as well and attempt to look after it.
- Identify himself/herself as an integral part of his community and realize his duty to country.
- Improve further Scouting/Guiding skills to undertake Adventurous activities and develop love for nature.
- Understand our national heritage and culture and determine to keep them up.
- Undertake individual and collective practices to conserve natural resources and prepare to educate others in this respect.
- Develop qualities of a dynamic leader and participate doing his/her best effectively in all leadership opportunities made available to him.
- Study about his/her country and people and contribute for the cause of National Integration.
By the time a young man/woman completes the full course of the Rover/Ranger programme, he will be able to:-
- Make Scouting/Guiding a way of life.
- Become an active and participating citizen.
- Improve skills, vocational and otherwise, to be self-dependent and useful to others.
- Emerge as a practical person who has respect for himself/herself and for others and their experiences.
- Realize that he/she has a responsibility in the development of his/her community and undertake Community Development Projects, individually and collectively.
- Lead a refined religious life in service of Man and God.
- Select a right partner for a life of full understanding and adjustment and lead a harmonious life.
- Do all his/her best to protect public property.
- Prepare himself to do his duty to country and develop love for Universal Brotherhood/Sisterhood i.e. Peace and Goodwill among Human beings.
- Develop a positive attitude to undertake considerable risks for others making the full use of his Rovering/Rangering skills.
- Work for the upkeep of our National heritage and culture with love for human values.
- Promote and participate in the developmental activities pertaining to National priorities like national integration, Population education, conservation, Adult literacy and sanitation.
- Become a strategic leader who loves to grow with the group.
- Have fair understanding of the World Affairs in general.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations