- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the fees ?
The fees are different and varied depending on the section and the nature of membership.
- Cubs/Bulbuls: Rs. 5/- annually
- Scouts/Guides/Rovers/Rangers: Rs. 8/- annually
- Adult Leaders: Rs. 15/- annually
- Commissioners: Rs. 50/-
- Life Members: Rs. 2000/- for 10 years
- New Unit Registration: Rs. 50/-
- Unit renewal: Rs. 25/-
2. When is a Camp held ?
A Camp is held usually whenever a training or programme is conducted at the State Headquarters or the Districts. But Camps and Tours are frequently held outside the state as and when programmes arises. But Schools can have their own Unit camping if they desire.
3. What is the method of training?
Well!! Don't get frightened by classroom lectures. The common training method is learning by doing and leadership. The rest are all games.
4. Who is my Leader ?
If you are a student then your Leader for Scouts (boys) are Scouters and the Leader for Guides (girls) are Guiders
5. How do I get my Uniform ?
For boys and gentlemen the H. U. Textiles, G. S. Road near Hanuman Bux. This enterprise undertakes order for all Scouts' Uniforms
6. How do I join?
You can join by enlisting to the teacher in charge of Scouting/Guiding in your School, if your School doesn't have one then go to Contact Us and get the information.
7. Where can I find the nearest Unit ?
Well! your School is the nearest Unit. For Adults there Open Units available with their bases at the State Headquarters, give us a call or visit us for
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations
- Bharat Scouts and Guides
- Scouting in the Asia-Pacific Region
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- World Organisation of Scouts Movement
- Kandersteg International Scout Centre