- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
Cooking over a campfire is one of those things in life that you just can't explain to someone that's never done it. Everyone knows of the toasted, melted, burned, dropped in ash and wiped off marshamallow treat loved by kids of all ages. But, even better is the smell of bacon or cobbler or beans mixed with the smoke from burning oak or pine. You can't bottle that smell!
And, the taste! You've got to try real campfire food to appreciate it. Stuff that you'd dump in the trash at home is a delicacy in the wild.
OK, so I've convinced you that you've got to go start a fire and cook something. How do you do it? Well, here's the more common ways to cook on a campfire. Each method has its place and anyone you ask will tell you their favorite. Try them all and broaden your culinary delights.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations