- A boy on joining wants to begin Scouting right away.
- A fisherman does not bait his hook with food he likes. He uses food the fish likes. So with boys.
- Scouting is a man’s job cut down to a boy’s size.
- Scouting is a game for boys under the leadership of boys under the direction of a man.
BY 2013 THE BHARAT SCOUTS & GUIDES, THE LARGEST YOUTH MOVEMENT, WILL BE SELF RELIANT, VALUE BASED, QUALITY ORIENTED, WELL MANAGED AND OFFERING INNOVATIVE, CHALLENGING PROGRAM BASED ON THE NEEDS OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE.
The Vision for Scouting is:
As a global Movement, making a real contribution to creating a better world.
We see Scouting entering its second century as an influential, value-based educational Movement focussed on achieving its mission, involving young people working together to develop their full potential, supported by adults who are willing and able to carry out their educational role.
We see Scouting world-wide as attracting and retaining more and more young people (especially adolescents) of both genders and coming from broader segments of society.
We see Scouting as attractive to adults, women and men, in all cultures - a Movement through which they can make a significant contribution to society by working with young people.
We see Scouting as a dynamic, innovative Movement with adequate resources, simple structures and democratic decision making processes where organisation, management and communication are effective at all levels.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Youth Programme
- Adult Resources
- Communication & Public Relations